To the people that make it happen
A big thank you goes out to the following people for going above and beyond for HETRA:
- The HETRA Instructors, Staff and Therapists for all you do to make this program successful.
- The Fundraising and Volunteer Committees for their help throughout the year
- Thanks to all the volunteers for coming out and participating we could not have a program without you!!
- Thanks to Katherine Smith and Bevington Quarter Horses for the use of their facilities.
- Kim Falk and the employees of The Gap, for all your hard work!
- Farm Credit Services, Paypal, and other company employees who have helped with special projects.
- Thank you to Valerie Wolf, Paula Wachholtz, Scott Curran, Mary Jessen, Lisa Kozeny, Ian and Erin Bevington, Lisa Roskens, Vicky Porter, Edye Godden, Lisa Stillahn, Samantha Laham, Dawn Rice, Melody Swartzfeger, Maggie Olson, and Kathy Busch and their wonderful and very special horses.
|Thank you to Farnam for your generous support of HETRA.
We really appreciate your generosity!
|Thank you To Sam Bliss Photography for taking such beautiful pictures of our Horses and riders!|
Special thank you to Lori Hunter with Pin Zone for donating our 100 for HETRA Club Pin’s, please visit her web site – www.pinzonepins.com
Past Supporters for HETRA events:
MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co.
Margre & Charles Durham Foundation
Creighton University & University of Nebraska Medical Center
Joint Division of Newborn Medicine
Nebraska Volunteer Service Commission
Ronald McDonald House Charities
Qwest Family and Work Development Fund
Matt and Donna Johnson
Harper Family Foundation
Schering – Plough
Excel Physical Therapy
Family Physical Therapy
Omaha Down Syndrome Parents Network
Knights of AK-SAR-BEN Foundation
Nebraska Horse Council
Junior League of Omaha
Sports for Kids Foundation
Fremont Community Foundation
Papillion Jr. Women’s Club
Go Physical Therapy
First Data Foundation
Sid Dillion Chevrolet
* Immanuel Rehabilitation Hospital – case by case rehabilitation event
* Creighton University Occupational Therapy Department
* Developmental Services of Nebraska
* Windsong Therapeutic Riding – in Lincoln, Nebraska
* Local 4-H Groups – have toured the barns and are weekly volunteers
* Catholic Charities, Campus of Hope dual diagnosis program
* Take Flight Farms – This program also utilizes horses in their program, but have Mental Health Therapists on staff. With different clientele, their therapy goals are different than HETRA. Both programs refer students based on student needs.
* Local high school & colleges – required service hours and Service Learning
* 5 college level internships completed at HETRA including Occupational Therapy, Equine Science, Human Service and Graphic Artist
* Volunteers and Students participated in the Global Youth Service Day 2007 and 2008
Standing referrals from:
* Local Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapists
* Family Doctors and Specialists in various disabilities
* Pediatric Therapy Center
* PTI Nebraska
* Autism Society of Nebraska
* Omaha Parents Down Syndrome Network
HETRA is also one of the twelve selected charities for the Cox Classic Golf Tournament.
Past Student Sponsorships:
Black Hills Cares
American Quarter Horse Association
Maxine Berg Trust
Autism Society, in cooperation with the Enrichment Foundation
Mike and Jan Doiel
Grant and Sara Janke
Ronald McDonald House Charities
Sowers Club of Lincoln
Womenade of Greater Omaha