HETRA has continued to monitor the CDC guidelines to establish and then modify our policies and procedures in order to allow continuation of our programming on-site and in the community. As our community has reduced the Covid-19 restrictions we have altered our original policies to reflect these changes without increasing the risk to our participants, volunteers, staff or members of our community. We also acknowledge that the Covid virus and it’s variants is still present. We will remain diligent in our efforts to stay up to date regarding increasing or decreasing risks and work to maintain our programming accordingly.
The following procedures are now in effect:
Covid check in table is no longer taking temperatures or asking about Covid exposure or symptoms. A “Greeter” will now be at that table to welcome participants, their families and volunteers to the barn. However, we request that all individuals who come to the facility continue to self monitor and stay away from the facility if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Have you or anyone you live with or spend significant time with experienced symptoms of Covid-19?
- Did anyone in your household have prolonged exposure to a co-worker or anyone who is symptomatic, or has recently tested positive or been treated for Covid-19?
WHO NEEDS TO QUARANTINE?
- People who have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19 - excluding people who have had Covid-19 within the past 3 months or who are fully vaccinated.
- People who have tested positive for Covid-19 within the past 3 months and recovered do not have to quarantine or get tested again as long as they do not develop symptoms.
- People who develop symptoms again within 3 months of their first bout of Covid-19 may need to be tested again if there is no other cause identified for their symptoms.
- People who have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19 are not required to quarantine if they have been fully vaccinated against the disease and show no symptoms unless they are living with the person that tested positive for COVID then must follow the guidelines listed below.
These individuals are required to wear masks for 14 days while in indoor public setting or up to 10 days if tested and negative and no symptoms
People who are living with an individual that has tested positive for COVID are not allowed back on the HETRA campus until they have quarantined away from the person living in the household for 7 days and have a negative test or 10 days and have no symptoms.
People who are not vaccinated have been exposed must quarantine for 7 days after the exposure - if they have no symptoms they may test on day 7 and return if a negative test result or may return after 10 days if no test and no symptoms.
* Masks are now optional for participants, staff, volunteers and community members who attend sessions, tours or special events. However if a participant and family request that the instructor and volunteer team working with that participant wear masks, we will be happy to comply with that request. If that request is made of the HETRA personnel, the participant and family members will need to also wear masks.