Weekend Facility Maintenance Employee
We are looking for an awesome Facility Maintenance Employee to join our team for the weekend shifts.
This position is a scheduled shift from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm on Saturday, and 9:30 am to 2:00 pm on Sunday, with an average of 8-10 hours every weekend.
Position Summary: Completes daily stall and facility maintenance activities as outlined by Facility Manager and Horse Manager. Including, but not limited to, stall cleaning, sweeping, dusting, turning out horses, feeding horses and cleaning horse waterers.
• Cleaning and bedding of all stalls
• Moving of horses to turnout or to another stall when stall is being cleaned
• Sweeping, dusting, cobwebs
• Cleaning of stall water bowls and feed buckets on a weekly basis
• Assist with cleaning of outside pens of manure
• Managing a team of facility maintenance volunteers
• Feeding horses
• Other duties as assigned by Facility Coordinator and Horse Manager
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and 25-40 pounds frequently
• Ability to stand and walk on a frequent basis for up to 4 hours
• Ability to bend, squat, climb, grasp, reach on a frequent basis
• Ability to operate farm equipment including mini truck and a pull behind dump trailer
• Hard Working
• Ability to Multi-Task
• Must have excellent horse handling skills, preference to individuals that are certified HETRA horse leaders
• Ability to manage a team of volunteers
Please click the following link to fill out an application to be considered: https://www.tfaforms.com/4937216
Interested in learning more? Please email Erin@HETRA.org.
Since 1989, Heartland Equine Therapeutic Riding Academy has served its participant community by offering services in Adaptive Riding (formerly know as Therapeutic Riding), Therapy Services – specializing Hippotherapy, Equine Services for Veterans, Adaptive Carriage Driving, Day Camps, Life Skills Training and Special Olympics. We are a non-profit 501c3 organization and currently the only PATH, Intl. Premier Accredited center in Nebraska! So, it goes without saying that we require specific qualities in a person when we consider hiring a candidate for any of our available positions. Our staff members come from a variety of backgrounds, but they all share some common traits.
Each of them believes firmly in our mission to improve the quality of life both physically and emotionally of adults and children of all ability levels through equine-assisted activities. They know that this type of work requires patience, dedication, and respect for the privacy of those that come to us for services. HETRA needs dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic individuals to keep our mission alive. If that sounds like you, check out the opportunities below, and contact us!