Program & Facility Expansion Campaign Milestones
- A Purchase Agreement was signed for the Robert A. Falk Farm in May 2015.
- Acquisition of needed farm equipment, construction projects, and immediate operating costs secured though in kind donations and Mustaches for Kids Omaha funding.
- Thanks to support from HDR Foundation, HETRA was able to insulate and purchase two heaters for the indoor arena.
- With grant assistance from the Meyer Foundation for Disabilities, HETRA created the Life Skills Program for individuals with disabilities. .
- Outpatient Therapy Clinic opened in 2016 –Perrigo Company Charitable Foundation, Merck Foundation, and AKSARBEN Friends have provided funding for construction of space and purchasing of equipment for the clinic.
- In partnership with Go Physical Therapy, HETRA opened the Ethan Falk Therapy Gym in February of 2016.
- Opened the new Tack Shack which features used tack, saddles, grooming items, blankets, show clothing along with other western and horse related items. Items have been donated to HETRA, but cannot be used in the current programming, so are sold with proceeds directed towards HETRA participant sponsorships.
- HETRA served 120 participants per week at the end the end of 2015 at the new facility and has capacity to grow.